Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aero Imageworks Spitfire Mk VIII decals in 1:32 scale


Aero Imageworks 'Shark Attack!' decals A013201, A013202 and A013203 have been temporarily unavailable due to them undergoing minor changes following the release of Tamiya's superb Spitfire Mk VIII kit. The changes are more of a minor 'tweak' to the decal in particular the sharkmouth so it fits nicely onto the Tamiya kit nose. They should be available in the next few days, check the AI website.

Speaking of the Tamiya Mk VIII kit, this blog was actually the first to announce it was going to be released! My source in Japan gave me the inside info a couple of weeks before it became generally known. Unfortunately the gun detail that I was expecting did not make it into the kit. Seems something was lost in the translation! The hot tip for the next Spitfire mark to be released is,drum roll ..........wait for it,......XVI. I know what I'll be building it as, FU-? of No. 453 Squadron RAAF.